Take them out to the Ball Game…buy them some peanuts and crackerjacks. Ok, maybe just give them a tiny nibble of your hot dog or buy them some dog friendly ice cream, while you guys are enjoying a baseball game, Together! Yes, Together!
Whether or not you are a huge baseball fan, the 2016 MLB (Major League Baseball) Season is really something to bark about.
Bark at the Park, sponsored by PetSmart, together with Central Garden & Pet, have teamed up to expand, the very successful, Bark at the Park series. The 2016 MLB season will include four additional games where PupSize® dogs and dogs of all sizes, along with their Pet Parent can enjoy America’s favorite pastime—a MLB baseball game.
At each baseball game, dogs can participate in a pre-game parade, around the field, and participate in PetSmart-hosted activities. Last year, over 5,000 Pet Parents brought their pups to a ball park to watch a day or evening MLB game. This year, 12 Major League Baseball teams will hold 12 Bark at the Park events during their home games.
Bark at the Park 2016 Season Schedule
The Bark at the Park 2016 season launches on May 1, when the Arizona Diamondbacks host the Colorado Rockies at Chase Field in Phoenix.
- May 1: Arizona D-backs host Colorado Rockies
- May 14: Texas Rangers host Toronto Blue Jays
- May 20: Philadelphia Phillies host Atlanta Braves
- June 5: Miami Marlins host the New York Mets
- June 21: Detroit Tigers host the Seattle Mariners
- July 9: Los Angeles Dodgers host the San Diego Padres
- July 22: Oakland Athletics host the Tampa Bay Rays
- August 9: Seattle Mariners host the Detroit Tigers
- August 16: Colorado Rockies host the Washington Nationals
- August 28: Houston Astros host the Tampa Bay Rays
- September 13: Chicago White Sox host the Cleveland Indians
- September 21: New York Mets host the Atlanta Braves
Tickets for 2016 MLB – Bark in the Park
Bark at the Park tickets can be purchased through each team’s official website.
Most Bark at the Park events require:
- All dogs must have ID tags, be on a leash at all times, have current rabies vaccination and accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older.
- Waiver forms must be completed before purchasing tickets.
- Only one dog per adult. Participating dogs must be at least 6 months old.
*Please note * Each stadium has its own requirements for vaccinations, weight limits, and other requirements, so, Please be sure to visit the MLB team’s official website and/or call the ticketing office to confirm the details. Also, many minor league baseball teams have similar “Bark at the Park” events.
Thank You MLB, PetSmart, Central Garden & Pet and all the Sponsors
Once again, we applaud and thank the wonderful corporations, teams and people involved with Bark in the Park. As a PupSize® pet parent, I can’t think of a better way than teaming up with major league baseball, amazing retailers and animal welfare partners- to build awareness, promote adoption and responsible pet parenting. It’s a homerun and I can’t wait to take my pup to a pet-friendly baseball game.
A special thanks goes out to Tony La Russa, Hall of Fame manager, chief baseball officer of the Arizona Diamondbacks and co-founder and chairman of the Animal Rescue Foundation, as he returns as the program’s official ambassador.
We also need to give a huge shout out to PetSmart, Inc. and the Arizona Diamondbacks for teaming up to create the first-ever season-long dog-friendly ballpark. The ballpark will have a new dedicated PetSmart Patio, PetSmart Park and will promote their Dog Days of Summer program. PupSize® Dogs and their families will be able bring their pups to all 13- Sunday D-backs home games this 2016 MLB season.
Let’s Play Ball !