Dog Friendly 2017 MLB Baseball Game Schedule
Let’s Go out to the Ball Game…a dog friendly, 2017 MLB (Major League Baseball) ball game. With another baseball season underway, PupSize® dogs and dogs of all sizes, along with their Pet Parent can once again enjoy America’s favorite pastime, together. Whether it’s called Bark at the Park, Bark in the Park, Pups in the Park or Dog Day, Major League Baseball teams are inviting fans and Pet Parents to bring their dogs to their sports stadium to help cheer on their favorite home team. Dogs can participate in a pre-game parade, around the field, and participate in dog friendly hosted activities. Last year, over 5,000 Pet Parents brought their pups to a ball park to watch a day or evening MLB game. This year, the “pup-luar” program has expanded with over 20 Major League and Minor League Baseball teams, holding over 43 dog friendly 2017 MLB baseball games.
2017 Dog Friendly Major League Baseball Season Schedule
The Dog Friendly 2017 MLB season kicks off on April 9, in New York, when the NY Mets and Florida Marlins, and wraps up in Washington DC on September 30th, 2017
- New York Mets – Sunday, April 9th vs. the Marlins
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, April 11th vs. the Reds
- Kansas City Royals – Wednesday, April 19th vs. the Giants
- Tampa Bay Rays – Sunday, April 23rd vs. the Astros
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, April 25th vs. the Cubs
- Washington Nationals – Saturday, April 29th vs. the Mets
- Cincinnati Reds – Wednesday, May 3rd vs. the Pirates
- Chicago White Sox – Tuesday, May 9th vs. the Twins
- Texas Rangers – Saturday, May 13th vs. the Athletics
- Washington Nationals – Saturday, May 13th vs. the Phillies
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, May 16th vs. the Nationals
- Seattle Mariners – Thursday, May 18th vs. the White Sox
- Los Angeles Dodgers – Saturday, May 20th vs. the Marlins
- St. Louis Cardinals – Saturday, May 20th vs. the Giants
- Philadelphia Phillies – Friday, May 26th vs. the Reds
- Kansas City Royals – Tuesday, May 30th vs. the Tigers
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, May 30th vs. the Diamondbacks
- Miami Marlins – Saturday, June 3rd vs. the Diamondbacks
- Milwaukee Brewers – Tuesday, June 6th vs. the Giants
- Cincinnati Reds – Wednesday, June 7th vs. the Cardinals
- Washington Nationals – Saturday, June 10th vs. the Rangers
- San Francisco Giants – Sunday, June 11th vs. the Twins
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, June 13th vs. the Rockies
- Washington Nationals – Sunday, June 25th vs. the Reds
- Detroit Tigers – Tuesday, June 27th vs. the Royals
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, June 27th vs. the Rays
- San Diego Padres – Thursday, June 29th vs. the Braves
- Seattle Mariners – Thursday, July 6th vs. the Athletics
- Oakland Athletics – Friday, July 14th vs. the Indians
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, July 18th vs. the Brewers
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, August 1st vs. the Reds
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, August 8th vs. the Tigers
- Colorado Rockies – Wednesday, August 16th vs. the Braves
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, August 22nd vs. the Dodgers
- Cincinnati Reds – Tuesday, August 29th vs. the Mets
- Kansas City Royals – Wednesday, August 30th vs. the Ray
- New York Mets – Monday, Sept 4th vs. the Phillies
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, Sept 5th vs. the Cubs
- Seattle Mariners – Tuesday, Sept 5th vs. the Astros
- Chicago White Sox – Wednesday, Sept 6th vs. the Indians
- Washington Nationals – Thursday, Sept 7th vs. the Phillies
- Arizona Diamondbacks – Sunday, Sept 10th vs. the Padres
- Houston Astros – Sunday, Sept 17th vs. the Mariners
- Cincinnati Reds – Thursday, Sept 21st vs. the Cardinals
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, Sept 19th vs. the Brewers
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Tuesday, Sept 26th vs. the Orioles
- Washington Nationals – Saturday, Sept 30th vs. the Pirates
Tickets for 2017 MLB – Dog Friendly Baseball Games
More information about bringing your Pup to Dog Friendly Baseball Game and ticketing can found on each MLB team’s official website.
Most Bark at the Park events require:
- All dogs must have ID tags, be on a leash at all times, have current rabies vaccination and accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older.
- Waiver forms must be completed before purchasing tickets.
- Only one dog per adult. Participating dogs must be at least 6 months old.
*Please note * Each stadium has its own requirements for vaccinations, weight limits, and other requirements, so, Please be sure to visit the MLB team’s official website and/or call the ticketing office to confirm the details. Also, many minor league baseball teams have similar “Bark at the Park” events.
Thank You MLB
Once again, we applaud and thank the wonderful corporations, teams and people involved with welcoming our Pups. As a PupSize® pet parent, I can’t think of a better way than teaming up with major league baseball, amazing retailers and animal welfare partners- to build awareness, promote adoption and responsible pet parenting. It’s a homerun and I can’t wait to take my PupSize dog to a pet-friendly baseball game.
A special thanks goes out to Tony La Russa, Hall of Fame manager, chief baseball officer of the Arizona Diamondbacks and co-founder and chairman of the Animal Rescue Foundation, as he returns as the program’s official ambassador.
We also need to give a huge shout out to PetSmart, Inc. and the Arizona Diamondbacks for teaming up to create the first-ever season-long dog-friendly ballpark. The ballpark will have a new dedicated PetSmart Patio, PetSmart Park and will promote their Dog Days of Summer program. PupSize® Dogs and their families will be able bring their pups to all 13- Sunday D-backs home games this 2016 MLB season.
Petco also deserves a big round of applause for their Petco Park Stadium, in San Diego- for recognizing our entire family. Their Park at the Park area, located beyond the outfield fences, is a 2.7 acre grassy area, that offers a panoramic view of Petco Park – the San Diego Padres baseball stadium. Park at the Park is a dog-friendly park most of the time and on designated Petco Park’s “Dog Days of Summer” events.